Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Life of Faith dolls ot

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had a lovely Gotz doll who developed silver eye. It made me so sad and I felt defeated because I had no idea how to get it fixed. Since then, I have decided to only have AG dolls. It is very reassuring to me to know that the hospital is there to fix any problems.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member wiccacat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2006
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've got the same problem with a Gotz doll. I love my older Magic Attic dolls, Just Pretend and Stardust Classics though. I also love the Carpatina dolls. I wish AG had non closing eyes. I know many people like them but i really think the open eyes look more natural.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two LOF dolls and they are very high quality. The clothes are of excellent quality- much more detailed than AG with a lot of fabric and trim.

    I use "Violet" to be Felicity's friend Elizabeth and "Laylie" to be Addy's friend Sarah.

    The praying hands are OK for holding baskets and other objects and look more natural than the AG's that way, but if they're not holding anything they look a little odd. So mine typically hold stuff- LOL!

    I had Elsie but just didn't really bond with her, but she's a lovely doll too. I do like that you can tilt their heads and they can look up and down, unlike AG.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the LoF dolls and they're lovely. The hand pose seems very natural if they're holding something, as was said above, but doesn't bother me if they're not. The clothes are of much higher quality than AG's, though more expensive. Prices below suggested retail can be found often on ebay for both the dolls and their clothes.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Family Bookstores publishes coupons every so often, one for 25% off one item and one for Buy One, Get One 50% off. These can be used on the dolls, books, outfits and pets (yellow kitty & dark tan & white JRT-- VERY cute!!). Member Perks and Pastor's Perks cards can also be used on these items. (The gal there is a doll nut too, and she was quick to point this all out to me.)
    I've already selected a dress that Nellie would like her dad to get her for Christmas. It's purple with plaid and VERY fancy!

    Nellie's Wish-Dress

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have some information about them here on Just Magic:

    Life of Faith Dolls Profile

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 25, 2006 06:46 PM: Message edited by: JustMagicMaria ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member wiccacat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2006
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've seen posts about these dolls before but i only recently saw one in person. It was in a doll shop and priced over 100.00. Anyone have a review of these dolls or outfits?

  8. #8
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    I don't have any of these- but they have been discussed on here several times. A general search function with "life of faith dolls" brought up these.

    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f=2155&t=25072

    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f=2155&t=22845

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 25, 2006 12:32 PM: Message edited by: monimarine ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Their outfits are very elaborate and well made. The dolls themselves are gorgeous, but I am still having trouble getting past the eyes that don't close and the odd bend in their arms. We have them near us at a Family Christian Bookstore. I think they are $100, but we often get coupons in the mail for 25% off so that would sure bring the price down. I think you can also get the coupons online. Occasionally I see the dolls on ebay and I have seen them as low as $69.99.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    $100 is "suggested retail" I think. But they go on e-bay for closer to 70 (some even less). My 10 year old loves them (they sell them at the Christian bookstore we go to), and is considering getting one with birthday money. My understanding from what I've read here is that they are very high quality dolls and clothes. Nice attention to detail, etc. I would think the hair would be more difficult to deal with- at least most of them have some sort of curls- than an AG's hair.

    Having not owned one though- just seeing them in stores and reading about them here- take anything I say about them with a grain of salt.

    Jo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •